A lot of people has been wondering if it is even possible to get a tan with fair skin. The reality is that we can assure you that it is possible. However, you need to be extra careful since your skin is a lot more sensitive to the sun as well as to the tanning beds.
Protecting Your Skin All The Time
The truth is that protecting your skin should be your main goal no matter if you have fair skin or darker skin.
When you have fair skin, you need to ensure that:
– you always protect your skin with a good sunscreen with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30. You should also check the label to confirm that it protects you against both UVA and UVB radiation.
– you should limit your exposure to the sun, especially between 10 am and 4 pm.
Using Fake Tans (Lotions And Sprays) For A Golden Glow
No matter if you are only looking to achieve that beautiful golden tan for just one night, or if you are looking for that amazing tan glow, there are many different options on the market that can help you. There are mainly 4 different types of services and products that you should consider:
– Dyes: When you are looking for a good dye, you should make sure that you get one that is made with natural vegetables. These kinds of products tend to fade away in a couple of days.
– Tan Catalyzers: These are the kinds of products that state that they increase the melanin production of your body ensuring that you get a faster tan.
– Bronzers: When you are looking for a tan that is more flexible, then you should opt for a bronzer. After all, and unlike dyes, bronzers will simply fade away as soon as you wash it off with water and soap.
– Beauty Salons: While beauty salons can be expensive, they are usually the best place for beginners. In case you never used an indoor tanner by yourself, then this may be the best solution for you. They don’t only use the best indoor tanning lotions as they also ensure that you are careful with your skin.
Foods That Can Boost Your Melanin Production
While using the best indoor tanning lotion is always a good idea, you need to understand that there are other things you can do that increase the odds of getting with a beautiful tan as well as to make it last even more.
One of the things that you need to know is that melanin can actually help you protect your skin. According to most studies and researches, this production can be supported by foods that are rich in antioxidants. These include colorful vegetables, dark chocolate, dark berries, and dark, leafy greens. If you want to be more specific, these are the foods that you should include in your diet:
– Vitamin A: can be found in peas, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, meat, and fish.
– Vitamin E: can be found in nuts, seeds, grains, and vegetables.
– Vitamin C: can be found in leafy greens, strawberries, and citrus.
– Polyphenols Or Flavonoids: can be found in turmeric and green tea.