If people want to quench their thirst with something besides water, juice is the way to go. However, with the development of preservatives and other chemicals made to create artificial fruit or vegetable juices, people are leaning away from juices believing that they are bad for one’s health in the long run even if manufacturers say that it is made from fresh fruit.
Luckily, there are companies who have started to make juicers which allow users to make their own juice drinks at home with fresh fruit and recipes any time. Today, there is a wide variety and many types of juicers that promise to provide fresh and healthy juices.
If you are new to buying juicers, choosing one can be very tricky. This website will help you navigate the unique world of juicing and try to explain the various kinds of juicers. We will even throw in five of the most notable juicers on the market today for you to possibly try out.
Before we look at the best juicers on the market, what should you look for when choosing a good juicer for your home and family?
What to look for in a good juicer?
Like mobile phones and other appliances, juicers come in many types, sizes and prices. Here is what you should look for when deciding on your ideal juicer:
- Jug with foam separator: Ideal juicers should have a foam separator to ensure that the juice that falls in the jug is already pure and without extra pulp.
- Feed Chute: If you like to juice whole fruits or to lessen chopping, choose a juicer with a large feed chute.
- Type of Spout: Get a drip-stop spout to ensure that you can prevent any remaining juices inside from spilling.
- Non-Slip Features: Choose one that has non-slip feet to make the juicing stable.
- Safety Features: Look for a juicer that comes with a pusher and safety lock lid to prevent your fingers from getting juiced.
- Speed: Depending on the juicer, speeds may vary. If you want to make juices from grapes or the hard ones like carrots, you have to consider speed settings.
- Attachments: Check if your juicer comes with a fruit disc, citrus press or other juicing attachments so you can create a variety of juices and drinks.
How to choose the best juicer?
If you have researched the features of different juicers or made a mini-list of prospective juicers, it is time to decide which ones to consider. But, how do you choose the best one from your list? Here are some questions to direct you in choosing the best juicer.
- What type is it? – Juicers come in three types: centrifugal, masticating and citrus pressed.
- How long is assembly? – Do you have to install a lot of parts?
- Is it easy to Clean? – Juicing can be messy so consider how long it would take cleaning the machine.
- How much juice will you make each day? Check the size of the chute and juicer capacity and compare it to your needs
- How long will the produced juice be stored? Check the oxidation quality as it affects lifespan.
- How much is it? Juicers can range from $100 to $3,000 depending on usage, user requirement and specifications. Invest on an expensive one with many features if you wish to really take juicing seriously.
- Are there other functions to your juicer? Some juicers can have multiple functions to create things like smoothies or purees.
If you want a juicer that can do all your juicing and even serve as a grinder, processor and dessert maker in one, Omega’s J8006 is one to consider.
Here are the notable features of the Omega J8006:
- Comes with a unique Nutrition Center with a speed of 80rpm to make juices, spreads, pastas, grounded coffee and minced ingredients.
- It also comes with a GE Ultem Auger and a gear reduction, roughly the equivalent of a 2HP Motor.
- This machine also has a dual juicing stage to ensure the juicer makes higher quantities of juice than others.
- Juices made with this machine can be stored for 72 hours without fear of degradation.
- This juicer is also very quiet and guaranteed to last years.
Cons: Reviewers have said that this juicer is not as sturdy as it is implied because some users reported that they have experienced flaws with the machine after just a few months. Some users also said that this juicer was unable to juice the specific produce they wanted.
Some users have also reported that getting a replacement unit is very difficult because they did not even receive a return call from the company. Some who wished to replace broken parts reported that they could not find replacement parts in hardware stores or even alternative parts.
Pros: Users reported that they could now juice entire produce (except those which are very hard) without worrying about the motor. The motor runs very smoothly even if it is used for heavier functions or juicing heavy loads of fruits or vegetables.
As far as juice quality, it is very good because users reported that it did not come out of the machine with any foam or pulp. Users have also said that they were able to use the other functions with ease with the help of the manual and the product is as delicious as the juices it makes.
Masticating juicers often have added value in their offerings and the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center will not only help you make the juices you want but also help you grind your favorite coffee beans, blend your favorite desserts and prepare ingredients.
If you are looking for a sexy yet powerful masticating juicer that is effective yet affordable, try out HUROM’s HU-100.
Here is the list of features of the HUROM HU-100 juicer.
- HUROM’s unique cold-pressing system gets 35% more juice and leaves drier pulp compared to other machines.
- This juicer also has the company’s patented Slow Squeezing Technology which ensures that ingredients placed inside the machine are gently squeezed to retain their natural taste and nutrients.
- Aside from being a juicer, it can also serve as a food processor and dessert maker as you can process fruits, vegetables, greens, nuts, and soya for a variety of goods.
- Includes a heavy-duty ULTEM strainer and auger which ensures that it can easily handle any type of food.
- This juicer also uses 150 watts of energy and runs quietly.
- Users do not need to worry about the warranty of this juicer because it comes with a 10-year warranty for the motor.
Cons: Users have said that this machine is not really that sturdy as some have reported the machine’s parts kept breaking at random times. One user reported it was not able to juice produce well, especially fruits or vegetables with fibers.
Another reported that the plastic parts can break quite easily and even the replacements are not that effective. Cleaning up can also be a pain according to some users. Others have also reported that the warranty is not very good because when they tried to request a replacement, the company would not even speak to them.
Pros: Satisfied users have said that this machine is very durable and sturdy. Some have also commended this machine for being able to juice almost anything they put in. Users have also said that this machine is very easy to clean.
Customer service is also very good according to users as they said that the company immediately contacted them in regards to their queries. The price is also commendable for some users as they managed to save a lot of money with this juicer.
With the HUROM HU 100 juicer, making food and drinks is something people can now do with zeal as it will help them stay fit.
If you are looking for one which caters to consumers and offers everything users might need from a masticating juicer, Breville’s BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is right for the job.
Here are some of the features of the BJS600XL.
- This juicer comes with an ultra-quiet 240-watt motor which ensures that it can run in low speeds easily and extract juices from any type of produce.
- Comes with a filter basket with an Auto Purifying feature, ensuring that juices are perfectly pure and also ensure that cleaning will be a breeze.
- Using this juicer is also very safe because it comes with a Two Step Safety Start System so that the juicer will not start immediately if the system is not properly organized.
- Users can even use a Reverse Direction Control which makes juicing easier.
Cons: Some users have reported that this machine broke after just a few uses. Some also complained that the parts were very brittle which leads to problems in the long run. Cleaning this machine is also very difficult according to some as it takes 15 to 20 minutes to clean some parts, especially the strainer.
Others also complained about the company’s customer service and warranty since the warranty is limited and the customer service did not know how to help them troubleshoot any issues.
Pros: Satisfied users of the BJS600XL Fountain Masticating Juicer said that this juicer is perfect. Users report that they were able to stick anything in the juicer and the juicer can remove all the juice from the pulp. The juice made is very good because it does not have too much pulp and did not produce much foam.
Users have also expressed that they love the fact that this machine is very easy to clean. They added that it is very easy to clean this juicer unlike others. The price is also something that many users find attractive especially considering its many useful features.
Don’t settle with just a traditional and conventional masticating juicer and get yourself this Breville BJS600XL. This juicer promises to cater to all your juicing needs and take what you want in consideration since it is made with the consumer in mind.
If you want a juicer that has a long history and many features, try out Omega’s NC700 HDS 5th Generation Nutrition Center Juicer.
For this version of Omega’s Nutrition Center series, here are some of the features included:
- This juicer has a low speed juicing system running at 80 RPM to ensure that it can juice without compromising the quality of the fruit or vegetable.
- It comes with a Dual Stage masticating extraction process which ensures that juice will come out fresh and pure with the least pulp.
- Includes 5 adjustable settings to ensure that juice output is excellent.
- The juicer also has a continuous juicing function with automatic pulp ejection which allows the juicer to continue producing juice.
- The Omega Nutrition Center ensures that this juicer can actually help users make other things as well such as nut butters, baby food, almond milk and other snacks for you or your family.
Cons: Some reported that they saw cracks forming in the machine after only a few days of use. It is also not advisable by some users to juice ripe and soft fruits with this machine because it makes tons of pulp and the juicer does not do anything with the pulp.
Some have commented that customer service is very bad as some customers reported that the customer service did not send them their replacement parts upon request.
Pros: Some customers have loved the quality of the juice made by this juicer describing it as excellent and with no pulp or foam. The pulp it releases is also very dry. It was able to juice green leafy vegetables and even hard fruits without worries.
Cleaning up the machine is also very easy because users did not have to clean too many parts. Some users reported that customer service is very efficient. Users are also very happy that the warranty is longer than other juicers as it has a 15 year warranty.
Omega has been in the business of making quality appliances for quite some time and this juicer is 5th generation. You can be assured that this juicer is an investment you will not regret since it can deliver the juice you want and help you make other specialties in the comfort of your home.
If you are looking for a juicer that is versatile and provides you the nutrients you want for a more affordable price, you should consider Kuvings’ NJE-3570U Masticating Slow Juicer.
What makes the NJE-3570 so unique?
- This juicer has a 170-watt motor which operates at 80rpm, extracting juice without oxidizing the produce and retaining nutrients and enzymes.
- The heavy-duty juicing screw of this machine is made from durable materials ensuring that it can extract juice from hard vegetables and leafy greens.
- Aside from being a juicer, this machine can also be transformed to a food processor thanks to its 6 different available nozzles.
- To prevent clogging, this machine has a direction control power switch that pulls down the produce for juicing and reverse switch to ensure there are no clogs.
- The pulp ejection system is separate from the juice container, allowing the user to get only juice at every juicing stage.
- This juicer is also very user-friendly as users do not need to clean too many parts for proper use and storage.
- This juicer also has an improved auto-feeding design.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty in case users find any problems with this machine.
Cons: Some users have expressed concerns regarding the fact that this machine’s entire system is made out of plastic. Some have also commented that the instruction manual was very bare when it comes to recipes and some don’t even have explanations such as how to get rid of the pulp. There were also customers who said that the pulp made by this juicer is very wet.
Pros: Many are satisfied with this machine because it is well-made and every part fits. Users have raved about the fact this machine can really pull the food inside the feed tube and ensure that nothing gets jammed in the machine. The taste is also very good and even leafy greens like wheat grass tasted great. Cleaning this machine was a breeze for some because it would only take a few minutes.
Buying a Kuvings Multi-Purpose Slow Juicer is a choice you will not regret because it offers great variety on what you can make with it for a relatively low price.